Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Who am I?

I'm a mid-life college student, life-long student of behavior and conflict, and a closet wanna' be academic who is finally learning the tools of scientific exploration.  My primary interests now--as they have always been--are human conflict, sexual relationships, and family in a heterogeneous or adaptive context.  When I write fiction, it is most often based around the same interests and takes the form of humans adapting to a new or changing context.

From a philosophical perspective, I have a tendency toward starting with that of those around me, asking "What if?", and adjusting my perspective appropriately.  I also do not feel--unless there is serious evidence to do so--that there is only one, true way/path/solution to any problem.  This allows me to function with a more diverse network of friends and associates.  This acceptance or tolerance of alternative answers as a starting point mean I often find myself with beliefs at odds with those around me.  If this happens to be the case here, I apologize in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment