Saturday, September 26, 2026

Writing: Closing in on finishing my rough draft.


 

About 12 spots I’ve identified as places needing work (I highlight them yellow) and only 20 “TK’s”* left.

 

Then will be the epic slog at revision now that I’ll know what’s going where.

 

I have something like 2 years or more of archived drafts.  There’s stuff I thought would be there that isn’t.  Stuff I added along the way. A lot of changes.

 

I know I probably have a lot of excess “A did B then C” chains I can write differently.  There’s a lot of atmospherics, especially smells and tastes I need to add.


However, knowing what happens where and who does it is key for me.


I also have been rather austere with many of the descriptions of people and places.


So, that will be an effort to bring out in revision as well.


* -- I use “[TK:…]” to place things that need things added.  I got “TK” from someone on Reddit. It’s because I can CTRL + F and find TK easily as it’s an uncommon combination in English. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog